Manufacturing units often find it challenging to keep pace with market demands and deliver consistently. To do so, they need to balance multiple objectives and enhance efficiency in their daily operations. Automating various back-end and front-end processes with the help of certain software tools mitigates some of these challenges. However, a lack of cohesion and adequate coordination between these disparate processes reduces growth, efficiency, and profitability.
Cloud ERP combines the power of traditional ERP systems with certain other essential modules pertinent to manufacturers, including CRM and certain other front-end functions. This article looks at how cloud ERP brings disparate processes together.
Tools that help automate back-end processes.
Manufacturing units have multiple back-end functions that may not be related to each other. As a result, manufacturers use various tools to automate and manage their disparate back-end processes. Some of those tools are:
- Shop Floor Control- Helps track work progress in manufacturing plants. It also helps to schedule tasks and store essential data regarding production.
- Material Requirement Planning- Also known as MRP, helps estimate how much raw material is required and automates its procurement.
- Quality Control- Ensures that finished products are top-notch, with no room for consumer complaints.
- Production scheduling- Helps assign raw materials to different processes that ultimately result in finished products.
- Production costing- Takes various expenses, including manufacturing costs, into account. As expenses vary due to unforeseen and changing circumstances, production costing tools help keep track of expenses and identify opportunities to reduce expenditure.
- Warehouse management- An essential tool for manufacturers that helps them store, manage, deliver, and receive returned products in a streamlined manner by taking various factors such as market demand, availability, etc., into account.
While many of these tools may be offered as standalone software, in some cases, vendors specializing in IT solutions for the manufacturing industry provide them as part of a complete, vertical ERP solution.
Tools that help automate front-end processes.
Manufacturing units are responsible for orchestrating front-end operations: customer support, client servicing, sales and marketing, etc. Ideally, CRM helps manufacturing units manage their customer-facing functions. However, this does not solve the problem in its entirety and leaves many gaps unfilled.
For instance, CRM will only sync with inventory and production systems data if integrated with the ERP systems. It may not register data from the web store, for example, unless all integrations are implemented. Too many integrations lead to technical complexities and a bulky IT infrastructure.
Cloud ERP integrates back-end and front-end processes.
Cloud ERP provides users with access to the management system from any device as long as it meets certain technical criteria and can connect to the internet. Cloud ERP helps manufacturing units to connect and streamline their core processes on a single interface in a context-relevant manner.
Here are five specific benefits of using a cloud ERP:
- Unifies front-end and back-end processes of a manufacturing unit while handling e-commerce and web-related data in real-time — Manufacturing units can achieve peak efficiency in a short time.
- Accuracy of data and constant update of information stored therein — results in accurate forecasting and insights, leading to informed decisions that enhance profitability.
- Customers and clients are happier because their concerns are heard and communicated to manufacturing units — Improved quality of products and features.
- Accessible on multiple devices simultaneously — Gives manufacturers access to essential data and insight anytime, anywhere.
- Complete control over the manufacturing process — Superior shop floor control features, material requirement planning, and quality control.
A quick and effective solution for streamlining manufacturing processes
Cloud ERP merges various manufacturing processes into a single user-friendly interface. It can be easily adapted and tailor-made to suit every manufacturer’s unique needs. You can start small and add modules as you grow, making it a cost-effective solution.
Priority’s Cloud ERP is a scalable and agile solution. It can be customized and expanded further to reflect the new realities of manufacturers. Contact us today to find out how to start using cloud ERP to make your manufacturing process more efficient.