SMI creates the central nervous systems of platforms operating in hostile environments, including naval ships, submarines, aircraft, marine renewable power generation and land transport. SMI has an unblemished record for reliability, with over 10,000 installations and zero failures. ln addition to installations in aerospace, energy and transport infrastructure, they are the preferred supplier for through-hull penetrators and connectors to the British Royal Navy’s nuclear submarine and surface fleets. ISO 9001:2015 approved, SMI is the only company to continuously hold a Ministry of Defence Capability Approval Certificate for 27 years.
In 2015, Keith Wells, SMI’s CEO, operations, enhance customer support, modernize processes, and achieve greater efficiencies. The goal was to find a better way to manage the company’s operations, which would ultimately lead to improved performance and profitability.
SMI reviewed five solutions in detail to create a shortlist of two. After vendor demonstrations were complete, SMI Group elected to go forward with Priority.
Medatech, a Priority partner in the UK, implemented a complete Priority solution to cover areas of SMI’s business, integrating their departments within a single database.
The solution consisted of the full Manufacturing ERP suite, including integrated CRM and Financial Management modules. The Project Management module was also added to deliver the project-based processes and functionality SMI needed to support its work with defense-sector customers.
- Increased System Users: SMl’s system utilization has gone from strength to strength, with more than double the number of system users.
- Customized Functionality: Required to support the unique needs of SMI’s market segments, which in turn allows process streamlining, helping to save time and cost.
- Single Database Integration: The solution covered all areas of SMI’s business, integrating their departments within a single database.
- Full Manufacturing Suite: Integrated CRM and Financial modules.
- Project Management Module: Added to deliver the project-based processes and functionality SMI needed to support its work with defense-sector customers.
Having seen the benefits of regular solution upgrades, SMI signed up to receive programmed upgrades on an annual basis, enabling the company to remain at the forefront of technology.