In recent years, studies have shown that a vast majority of companies have switched from traditional on-premise to cloud-based Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) solutions that include a mobile ERP application. However, there are still numerous businesses out there that continue to use legacy ERP tools that just don’t “level up” to today’s work environment and real user needs. More often than not, these tools can slowdown operational business processes or even bring them to a halt, and restrict users to only access an on-premise ERP system, in-house, on their desk-top computers.
As we are all still dealing with the many post-pandemic challenges, most employees work from home, or in hybrid mode, a combination of home and office. Truth be told, it’s tough to imagine any work-related scenario of any kind that does not involve a mobile device or tablet. What’s more, whether employees are in the field, onsite at a customer, collecting data or selling products and services, mobile ERP is a must-have for companies to “carry their business with them” – at any time, and from any location.
Let’s take a closer look at what powers mobile ERP, why it’s essential for just about every forward-thinking business, and the many value-added benefits it delivers.
What is Mobile ERP?
Mobile ERP is a mobile application that helps you streamline and automate your business processes. It works just like traditional ERP solutions, except that it’s offered as an easily accessible mobile app that can be conveniently used on-the-go. It syncs company data to the cloud in real-time, and shares this same data across all devices in an organization, so that everyone has access to the latest, most accurate information. Mobile ERP enables companies of all sizes and scopes across all industry verticals to enhance their efficiency and productivity, saving valuable time, resources, and costs.
5 Key Benefits of Mobile ERP
- Real-time data synchronization, anywhere, anytime. ERP solutions have traditionally been complex and even cumbersome, mainly deployed on-premise. However, this doesn’t help employees that need to work in the field or those who work from home. Mobile ERP allows employees to work anywhere, anytime, where real-time data is stored in a central database. As a result, duplicate copies are eliminated, and employees across the organization have access to the latest, most accurate company data.
- Improved decision-making. As companies gain access to real-time data that’s always up to date, they can generate more insightful reports, and make more accurate predictions. Mobile ERP helps identify various bottlenecks and hurdles across the supply chain, and ensures that data-driven business decisions are made based on real-time information. Mobile ERP helps facilitate faster and easier communication between employees, teams, and departments, rendering decision-making a reliable collaborative process.
- Enhanced customer service. Mobile ERP enables company employees to connect and interact with customers in exciting new ways. It provides real-time data to field technicians and sales reps at customer sites, with always up-to-date customer information, such as service calls, spare parts, contracts, invoices, and more. Field technicians no longer have to make double entries following customer visits, and status updates and other information can be entered after completing a job, all synced to a central database. This saves valuable time onsite for both employees and customers, where tech and sales reps have all the data they need – right at their fingertips, to enhance the customer experience, and the level of customer service.
- Competitive advantage. Mobile ERP helps accelerate product turnaround and delivery times, and enables customers to gain trust in a company’s products and services. It also provides a “customer first” platform, with faster, more efficient response time via an always available mobile app, and always be one step ahead of the competition. As mobile ERP enhances productivity and quick delivery of products and services, it also enhances customer satisfaction, and reduces churn. As a result, there’s less time to worry about the competition, and more time to focus on business strategies, and how to improve existing products and services.
- Device agnostic. A mobile ERP app is built to function smoothly and seamlessly on any mobile device or tablet, regardless of its size, screen resolution, or operating system. This makes it convenient for employees, as they don’t have to acquire another phone for work purposes, and can continue to use their own mobile devices at work, or to access the ERP app when they’re not in the workplace. Companies can conveniently use their mobile ERP app to collect payments and manage their inventory, while employees can access the ERP system for time & attendance on any device they choose. Plus, mobile ERP apps are equipped with an intuitive user interface (UI), making it easy to train employees on how to use them.
Priority’s Mobile ERP Suite
Priority’s mobile ERP solutions deliver ERP system features and functionality from any mobile device or tablet. This means your workforce will always be primed and ready with always-on, always-available system functionality in our always-moving business world. That means real-time access and full visibility of your business, from any location, at any time. Powered by automatic synchronization functionality, any changes made in the app are instantly updated and synced in the Priority system. Built on a web-based HTML 5 UI, the app quickly adjusts itself to various screen sizes on any device. Priority’s mobile ERP suite consists of a powerful mobile ERP app generator, out-of-the-box mobile apps that are ready to use, and a web & mobile SDK, for developers who want to leverage additional capabilities.
If you’d like to learn more about how mobile ERP can power your business, contact us today to schedule a call with one of our ERP experts.